Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 1

Besides the New Staff Orientation, today was my first day at Lotus. I had a great time! Most of the teachers and other staff are incredibly friendly, especially the teacher I will be working with the most (if my schedule doesn't end up changing again!).

The morning was a slow start, with presentations about insurance and other benefits. Then I got to go with the 4th grade team to see their rooms before lunch. After lunch the TAs had a meeting to discuss some of our procedures, such as getting the students on and off buses, and recess/lunch supervision. Tomorrow we'll learn more of that stuff while the teachers have their "Meet and Greet" with students and families. After that meeting, I went back to 4th grade to help with what I could. :-)

In writing, it's pretty dull, but I'm SO excited that the teacher I'll (hopefully) be working with is so fantastic!! I can't wait to learn the interventions/activities I'll actually get to do with the kids!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment