Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pollen Scare!

Today one of the 4th grade teachers got sick 2 hours before the end of the day, and she asked me to sub for her. It was a lot of fun! I worked on metric measurement conversions in math, and they were all shocked when they told me they actually got it. Too funny! I was glad I made sense ;-)

Then we did a Parts of a Flower lab! Miss B had brought in flowers for the 4th grade classes to use, so I handed them out and we got to work discovering all the parts. It was really crazy in there... and we discovered that one of the students was allergic to pollen!!! OH NO!!! Luckily, it wasn't too bad. It took me like 5 minutes to figure out what to do with him once he got back from washing his hands, since I didn't want to just send him in the hallway... so I found an online flower dissection activity! It was pretty cool, since he could still find all the parts and stuff, and some of the other kids were even jealous. Score for me!!!

Overall, it was a pretty good day, YAY!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment